Hey, if that overbloated piece of plasma with wrinkle cream can make predictions for the new year, I think I'm entitled to make my own predictions:
- I predict that 2007 will be the year of the Linux Desktop, as it has every year since 1996. (OK, so this isn't so much of a prediction as an unfortunate running gag. See Marcel Gagne's interesting talk entitled The selling of Linux and Open Source : Do we suck at this or what?)
- I predict that some celebrities will have their fifteen minutes of fame, and others will unfortunately pass on. Important people too. People you probably know.
- I predict that we'll be hearing more about the 2008 Presidential Election in 2007.
- I predict someone will be born on my birthday.
- I predict that despite any compelling reason to own a PS3 that at least three episodes of "Pimp My Ride" will feature a PS3 prominently in the vehicle just because it's a $600 game console / Blu-Ray Player.
- I predict that the RIAA will continue to be on my shitlist. (I hope they make me a liar on this one).
- I predict another extension for Analog Television just because people aren't adopting as quickly as the industry predicted.
- I predict Steve Gillmor will reuinite the Gillmor Gang under some umbrella. I'll even go out on a limb and say it'll be probably the best rendition of the Gang to date. (Despite my previous posting on the Gang, when it was good, it was awesome. It was one of the few shows I'd listen to on our shower radio broadcast through the Belkin radio transmitter before the radio died from falling.).
- I predict I'll get ahead and fall behind at least three times this year.
- I predict Daylight Savings Time will come early.
I think that's enough for now. More later.