Hi there! My name is Craig Maloney, and I'm a Linux and computer aficionado. I enjoy playing with computers, and have been fortunate to make them not only my hobby, but also part of my work. How cool is that?
Some of my hobbies include programming computers, learning new programming languages, playing the drums, making music, juggling, playing with retro-computers, designing games, and reading.
I actively collect old video game systems and arcade machines (we call them classics around here), and have a strange fascination with places like DigiBarn or Old Computers. I have acquired quite a collection of old computers, primarily machines from the late 1970s to early 1980s.
Here's some other places you might run into me:
- I'm the host of the Open Metalcast podcast, which features the finest in Creative Commons licensed metal music.
- I'm the co-host and post-production engineer of Lococast, where Rick Harding and I talk about all things Ubuntu and Python.
- I'm on the board of the Michigan UNIX Users Group. Come on out and join us!
- I currently maintain the wiki for Pepper&Carrot, and am working on a Pepper & Carrot Fate-Based RPG.
- The best place to find me online is on irc.freenode.net (cmaloney).
- I'm also on Mastodon at email@example.com.
- I help maintain Tootstream, which is a command-line client for Mastodon.
- I publish all of my current projects on github and gitlab (also check out my projects page. My presentations are there as well)
- I'm an avid practitioner of Getting Things Done.
- I helped out on Bookie and was the co-mentor for the Google Summer of Code for Bookie in 2014.
- Ubuntu Launchpad, where you can see how an Ubuntero lives.
- Want to hire me? My Resume has the details of my work life.
Want to send me e-mail? Of course you do. It's fast, easy, and makes me feel oh-so-loved. My e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org (not worried about spam, as that horse already left the barn years ago).