Hi there! My name is Craig Maloney, and I'm a Linux and computer aficionado. I enjoy playing with computers, and have been fortunate to make them not only my hobby, but also part of my work. How cool is that?
Some of my hobbies include playing the drums, making music, juggling, playing with computers, and talking on IRC with other wonderful and crazy folks.
I actively collect old video game systems and arcade machines (we call them classics around here), and have a strange fascination with places like DigiBarn or Old Computers. I have acquired quite a collection of old computers, primarily machines from the late 1970s to early 1980s.
Here's some other places you might run into me:
- I'm the host of the Open Metalcast podcast, which features the finest in Creative Commons licensed metal music.
- I'm the co-host and post-production engineer of Lococast, where Rick Harding and I talk about all things Ubuntu and Python.
- Ubuntu Launchpad, where you can see how an Ubuntero lives.
- I'm on the board of the Michigan UNIX Users Group. Come on out and join us!
- I'm an avid practitioner of Getting Things Done.
- The best place to find me is on irc.freenode.net (cmaloney).
- I publish all of my current projects on github (also check out my projects page. My presentations are there as well)
- I helped out on Bookie and was the co-mentor for the Google Summer of Code for Bookie in 2014.
- I currently maintain the wiki for Pepper&Carrot, and am working on a Pepper & Carrot Fate-Based RPG.
- My Resume
Want to send me e-mail? Of course you do. It's fast, easy, and makes me feel oh-so-loved. My e-mail address is email@example.com (not worried about spam, as that horse already left the barn years ago).