Poor Man's Cam
Latest Version is 1.4
What is Poor Man's Cam?
Poor Man's Cam is a small script to take pictures generated from a quickcam and put them up on a server. It's a simple perl script with a .rc file for it's configuration. This is a script that I use for my site to send an image to the server. This is designed for those of us who don't have direct connections to the internet, hence the name.
What do I need to run it?
- Perl version 5.x
- Qcam, or something similar to get images from your camera
- Imagemagick, or something to convert output files from your program into JPEG format
- Net::FTP (included in the libnet package on CPAN. Also try RPMFIND if you're so inclined.)
- Optional: Stamp! for timestamping images.
(If anyone has any ideas on how to improve the installation of this program, I'm all ears.)
- A continuous mode was added, so you can run the script as a daemon rather than putting it in your crontab.
Download latest version 1.4 (source tar.gz)
Download previous version 1.3 (source tar.gz)