Unless otherwise noted, these scripts are (C) Craig Maloney, and are released under the GPL.
- wget-queue.pl graduated, and now has it’s own page at Sourceforge.
- make-cd is not really a script, per-se, but just some commands I use to make a CD on my machine without having to remember all of the command line parameters for burning a CD.
- Ping Reset runs from a crontab entry. It checks to see if it can make its way to several web sites. If it is unsuccessful, it resets the network link (ppp0 in this case). Add some servers to the server_list line, and you’re ready to roll!
- ifcheck determines if an interface is already up. If it isn’t, it brings the interface up, otherwise it exits with a message “Interface already up. Ignoring”. Useful for ppp0 connections where doing a blind
ifup ppp0 would cause ppp0 to redial.
- journal is a small hack for creating a new journal text file per day.
- get_ipaddress.pl is a small script to get the public IP address from a Linksys WRT54G2 router. It may or may not work for you, so try it out.
- twitter.pl is a script that uses the excellent command-line program pyTwerp to not only save the tweets you receive in a file, but also displays them nicely.
- due_today is a simple script to show the current due items from todo.sh. It also will show the overdue items, and items coming up.
- fudge_dice.py is a quick and dirty script based off of the pygtk tutorials for simulating rolling fudge dice (dice with -, [blank], and + representing -1, 0, and 1 respectively).