Solo, Cooperative, GM-Less, and one player, one GM games
This is the companion-page for the Solo Roleplaying Games: Party of One presentation for Penguicon. This is a list of games that were mentioned or recommended during the talk.
Here's a list of Solo, Cooperative, GM-Less, and one player, one GM games:
Alone against the Flames (Branching story, requires Call of Cthulhu rules)
- Caveat: Chaosium has done several things that have soured me on recommending their products, the latest of which is their involvement in licensing their brand with NFT company VeVe. Sorry, but they'll have to promote their own stuff from now on. Count me out.
- Bro, is it Gay to Dock
- GUMSHOE One-2-One (One player, one GM)
- D100 Dungeon (GM-less, but can also branch out into almost a board game)
- Fighting Fantasy (Branching story RPG)
Four Against Darkness- (GM-less)
- Caveat: I no longer recommend this game. Some of the expansions in this game skew toward more "edgy" humor. I didn't realize this when I made the recommendation. Since I'm the one who recommended this I now offer my email address for any questions related to any title of this series. Many of the works of one author in particular string together several bits that are couched in the cloak of humor. Again, if you have questions please email me and I'll be happy to elaborate further.
- Ironsworn RPG (GM-less Solo, GM-less Cooperative, and GM-led play)
- Lone Wolf Series (Branching story game)
- Project Aon has these books online as hypertext adventures.
- Lost in the Deep by Diogo Nogueira
- Micro Chapbook (GM-less, Co-op with expansion)
- Morning Phase
- Of the Woods
- Quill (Journaling)
- SoloQquest (Branching story; requires Runequest rules)
- The Machine
- The Village Witch
- Thousand Year Old Vampire (Journaling)
- Utopia (GM-less solo, GM-less cooperative, and GM-led play)
Game Jams with Solo Games:
Here are some games that can be played solo, but are not written with solo rules:
Links to additional Resources: