Checking in for 2023-05-20:
- Yesterday I was pretty tired. I'm still a bit tired today, but overall I'm OK. Part of it was everything happening all at once. We had our gas meter changed out, which meant I needed to relight the pilot light on the water heater. Not a big deal, but unfortunately I the unthinkable and opened the chamber by lifting up this little piece of sheet metal that doesn't have an obvious way of going back into it's little place. This reminds me of the time when I pulled out bits from the dishwasher disposal. It's not obvious how it should go back together. I'm sure we'll figure it out, but so far it has eluded two grown adults (my dad and me). Seriously, I'd love to know who designs these things.
- I've noticed a lot during my semi-social experiment. Yesterday and Wednesday I noticed myself dipping into social media a ton for comfort. I've not found anything quite yet to replace this. I know the trigger for this habit, and I'm fully aware of it when it's happening. Now to figure out another ritual to take its place.
- I did some more play-through of my Ironsworn adventure by picking more assets for the character and allowed myself to play a little bit. Still want to play more with this but finding it a little difficult to motivate myself back into playing more. That's a data-point that needs investigating.
- We watched the new D&D movie (Honor Among Thieves). It was cute and definitely passed several audience focus groups. One thing that happened throughout though was my need to use the restroom several times during the movie. That was a bit frustrating, but not unexpected. Chemo does a number on my digestive system so frequent trips to the bathroom are not uncommon. It just reinforced that this is the new normal. Working on being OK with this.
- Also working on getting my designer brain back into gear.
- Realized I've been working on Tootstream for five years now. That doesn't seem possible. But I'm also looking forward to adding more functionality and clean-up in future releases.
That's all for now. More as I know it.