Checking in for 2023-06-11:
CW: Mentions of food and religion
- Yesterday was our 20th anniversary party. It was a fantastic time and I'm grateful to everyone that came out.
- This morning we're both recovering from said party. There was a bit of prep that went into this and I'm amazed at how well things went.
- Chicken Shack is amazing if you like good tasting chicken.
- We had the following exchange yesterday which I posted on the Fediverse and will repost here for your enjoyment:
JoDee and I were discussing the food for our event today:
JoDee: I mean, we've got 50 pcs of Chicken Shack chicken for X people. What are we going to do with this?
Me: Well, we could go door to door like JWs spreading the gospel of Chicken Shack.
Me: "Yes, we'd like to tell you about the miracle of Chicken Shack. Even though it is cold it is still tasty, whereas the KFC is not tasty even when warm"
We both laugh. I continue on with some other banter.
Then JoDee notices that there were literal JWs on our porch canvassing. She believes they were on the porch during my whole routine.
Hey, sometimes you get the milk for free.
- I think I sprained my ankle and did a number on my big toe yesterday when tripping over a cat bed while exiting my office. So that was fun.
- It is the year of our LORD 2023 and I have ordered a DVD, in part because I don't want to have to figure out which streaming service will have a movie by the time I'm ready to watch it. So that's something.
- I'm once again having thoughts about laying out books using LaTeX because it's one of the few things that I know will be readable in 20-30 years. So that's something.
More as I know it.