Checking in for 2023-07-02:
- The last two days I've been pretty crabby. I sat and thought about why this was. I think part of it was that I was tired (I slept a lot this weekend) and part of it was that things were just irritating me. Tasks on my todo lists, things happening in my communities, and the internet in general. I needed a break. So I took a few things off of my lists, reconfigured a few tasks, and allowed myself some relaxation tasks like learning the D language and playing around with assembly language on the Atari 8bit computers.
- As much grief as the Atari Assembler Editor cartridge gets for being buggy and slow it's still a fantastic tool for learning assembly language. I have MAC/65 which is also a fantastic development tool but for a quick knock-around piece of 6502 code the Assembler Editor cartridge is hard to beat.
- I did more work on my Record Shop journaling game. Going to give this some playtesting to see what all is in there that works and what needs tweaking.
- I've been re-listening and re-reading The Effortless Life yesterday. One thing in there is about dropping expectations. I think that was a major part of me being crabby. I have all of these things that I want to do but sometimes the energy just isn't there to make it happen. Now, some of this is because I can get pretty wound up on social media; checking and re-checking things over and over again ad nauseum. And I've been known to close out my email client and re-open it again seconds later out of habit. These are things that I'm going to need to focus on and let go. There's a certain high for always being "on" but it's detrimental to the things that I want to accomplish and my overall happiness.
- Speaking of dropping expectations, our water heater pilot light went "poof" yesterday. Had to deal with the discomfort and frustrations of re-lighting it. It's not hard, just cumbersome. Eventually I figured it out though.
More as I know it.