Checking in for 2023-07-18:
- Spent part of the morning working on my Record Shop journaling game. It's starting to come together. I added some feedback from when I did some playtesting so I'm hoping it makes for a tighter game. I hope folks check it out. Let me know what your thoughts are (contact me).
- One of the hardest things for me to handle is having an appointment at some pre-determined time but no actual time. My dad wants to help me mow the lawn. Unfortunately he has someone coming over to look at one of their appliances. No big deal. Unfortunately it tends to be a productivity blocker for me because one of the things I have a hard time handling is being interrupted when I'm working on something. I've gotten better about it by realizing that I can come back to something later (there's always the ability to save things on the computer), but it still can feel like a blocker when I'm starting that project. This has also manifested itself in me finally screwing up my courage to work on something only to be betrayed by my bowels wanting to throw down the urgency card. It's something that I need to work on and relax into. No work session is going to be perfect. All I can do is just relax and let the words flow as they may.
- Another thing that helped me to get started was quite literally picking the easiest thing on my next actions list and just knocking it off. I have repeating tasks to remind me to do things in the morning. One of those tasks is "Play my round of Star Realms", which I can do on my computer using Steam / Proton. I challenge a couple of friends to 48 hour challenges, so at least I'll take one turn per day. This morning, while I was feeling stuck I decided to take my turn in Star Realms. That did the trick. I got at least one thing done. That set me up to add the playtest feedback to the Record Shop game.
- One of the things that I've noticed with my cancer is my red blood cell count dipping. That can explain some of my fatigue and tiredness. Hoping to do some more exercise of some form (I have "Play drums for 10m" on my recurring tasks). I also need to do some more walking at some point. I haven't taken advantage of the outside as much as I should.
- Unrelated: who gave summer permission to be half-over? Sheesh!
- Did you know there's a grammar checker for vim / ALE called proselint. It's pretty helpfil for me to improve my writing (though it can go to hell over it's insistence on "curly quotes". Straight quotes or GTFO!). I shudder to think what it would think of my earlier writing.
That's all for now. More as I know it.