Checking in for 2023-08-18:
- Going to work on my weekly review today to try to clear up my lists and figure out what is important and what can move aside for the time being.
- Decided this morning to use the excellent jrnl.sh to log what I do during a day. I noticed that I didn't feel like I had enough time for doing my playtest so I decided to use my journal to log what I did do in the interim. Already it's pretty fascinating to note the ways in which I ostensibly am "checking email" but that turns into two instances of me updating a credit card on two sites, or getting reminded that I need to update some machines, or need to clear out the spam from a Mailman mailing list instance. Need to remind myself that it's not just email that's in there; it's reminders and next actions and projects. I'm pretty good about putting those into my appropriate lists, but it's a good reminder that sometimes my "focus" can dart off into various rabbit trails without even trying.
- I noticed myself diving into some books last night to see what was there. I was really impressed with the Atari: The Book: Guide to Electronic Game Operation & Servicing book. I'm not an electronics person but it went into more depth in those scant pages than I've seen in a lot of basic electronics books. Terminology that I had heard but hadn't really understood became pretty clear to me. Atari really had some good technical writers and I wish that part would have bee brought into the wider tech community. Alas.
- I decided to abandon the "trying to put all of my books into my someday / maybe list project. The photos I took for the books to enter were already out-of-date (both incoming and outgoing) so I'd have to do extra effort to make that work. I'm just going to do it the old-fashioned way of scanning the shelves if I want to figure out what to read / play.
- Next week is my chemo week. Hoping to actually have some chemo to take.
More as I know it.