Checking in for 2023-08-27:
- Made more progress with the Pepper&Carrot Fate RPG. There's still more work to do but I managed to clean up a few things this morning and make some more progress with this. Also noticed that I was flipping out reading some other source-code for the WoDTeX Template for LaTeX but then I realized that it was all just code and I didn't have to understand all of it right away. That's a pattern for me where I feel if I don't understand everything right-away that I get repelled by it. That's something I need to practice with so I'm not bound by my fight-or-flight reflex whenever something frightens me.
- Reading NEIL PEART's Sister Opens Up About His Death: 'We Had Three And A Half Years To Prepare, So We Knew It Was Coming' was pretty heartbreaking. Neil died of brain cancer but wanted to keep it quiet (as was his usual way). So everyone in the Rush camp had to keep it secret up until the end. I completely respect the decision but it made me wonder about my own cancer and how I'm coping with it. I'm not going to go quietly or gently. I'm going to be as frank and candid with you, dear reader, as I am able. Neil was all about his privacy and I'm sure he felt that having folks know he was sick would erode that privacy and blur the already blurry lines between celebrity and dignity. I don't have such worries (at least, for the moment) so I'd rather err on the side of oversharing rather than under-sharing.
- Of course, this also got me thinking about how much time I have left. I feel like there's an hourglass that I can't quite make out. I can hear it dripping its sands for every moment I'm still here, but I don't know how much time I have left. That adds a special urgency to my wanting to get things done, or at least get them to where others can take them over.
- It's also made decluttering a priority since I don't want to burden folks with decisions about what to do with the crap that I have. I have several computers that need to find new homes and several donations that I still want to make. The less that I burden others with my junk the happier I'll be (even if the only person that's burdened with this stuff is me trying to move it).
- JoDee and I celebrated our "going out" anniversary this weekend. Had "fancy" dinner and played video games. So, basically what we did when we went out. The only thing that was missing is Borders and an actual arcade to go to (RIP Borders and Galaxy) but we had fun nonetheless.
That's all for now. More as I know it.