Checking in for 2023-09-02:
- Yesterday we started off the day by my dad and I doing the lawn. It was still a little wet but managed to get it done. I'm looking forward to the first frost of the season because while I enjoy doing the lawn it takes a lot to get me to actually want to do the lawn. That's a combination of wanting to work on other things and feeling like I have to be more frugal with my energy. That said I tend to get more energy when I exercise so the dichotomy between the two is not lost on me.
- Had a good meeting with Dr. Jaiyesimi and NP Vita Fontana re: my treatment. Hoping to get some good results out of the Lonsurf that I'm taking.
- Overall the Lonsurf has been pretty gentle on me but last night I was feeling pretty nauseous. I think that was in part due to the headaches I've been having (I think my sinuses have been going to town on me). It seems to dissipate when I take some Ibuprofen and off-brand Allegra. It's also allergy season here so that's adding to the fun of things.
- Did my weekly review this morning. Still feeling a bit overwhelmed but renewing my commitment to doing the things on my list is helpful. It gives me some clarity on what I have there and what I am really wanting to have done this week.
- Hoping to get back to learning assembly language, though my fascination is currently with old Unix machines. I think I'm seeking comfort and my weird brain is finding videos of old server rooms and workstations comforting. It's nice to know that my "happy place" is cooled at around 68F with bright fluorescent lights and the sound of thousands of fans cooling stacks of equipment.
- I'm finding that I still have some fears around getting out of the house and being in a car. That stems from the accidents and near-accidents I've had with my diarrhea. It's gotten better but I still feel that fear well up inside of me whenever I put on the seat belt. It feels like such a silly thing but its definitely influencing the kinds of things that I'll try to tackle. Definitely something to work on.
That's all for now. More as I know it.