Checking in for 2023-09-10:
- Still feeling a bit tired throughout the day. I've been taking the past few days easy and allowing myself to take naps when I need them. It's helped a bit. I'm not feeling quite as frazzled and disconnected as before. I'm still feeling a bit overwhelmed but took a moment to do a Weekly Review (though I've discarded the Horizons of Focus as they tend not to be useful for me anymore). That seemed to help out as I'm not feeling quite as overwhelmed and "numb" to my tasks. It also gave me the opportunity to knock a bunch of things off of my lists that I had already done. Never overestimate the power of keeping things current.
- I'm enjoying this weather. Today's high is targeted at 74F and right now it's 68F. Ahh.
- I took some time this morning to rethink how I'm approaching the Pepper&Carrot RPG. I have a bunch of things that I want to tackle with this but getting myself into the headspace to want to do it is proving a bit challenging. It comes back to my previous attempts with these and my fears around trying to unpack the LaTeX source code and figure out the layout of things. I just need to keep reminding myself that the past is the past and I am doing this for my own enjoyment and those that I hope will enjoy this. Keeping those folks in my heart should help me work through this.
- BTW: If you're using Chrome I highly recommend either switching to Firefox or opt-out of the privacy sandbox in your browser. Yes, this is a pain but that's by design. I've been using Firefox for a while now and quite simply I think this is the way to go to prevent Google from using their web dominance to serve the needs of it and their advertisers. (Read this Ars Technica article on why the Privacy Sandbox is a pretty terrible thing).
- I'm still a little concerned with the upcoming blood test and protein test as I'm afraid that it's going to point to bad things afoot because of the Lonsurf. I keep reminding myself that it's natural to feel uncertainty around this and that I need to just relax into this and let my medical team figure out the next steps. You don't get mad at your car because the engine is failing, you figure out what needs changing to make the engine not fail. So it is with my medical care: we just figure out what needs to happen to keep the whole system intact as long as possible. Sadly I'm stuck with the current body that I have so I need to make the best of it.
That's all for now. More as I know it.