Checking in for 2023-10-03:
- Spent this morning elaborating on the creatures of Hereva for the Pepper&Carrot RPG. One of those creatures is the Fisher Owl, which is a one-panel sight gag in the comic of an owl fishing for mice by using a fishing pole. So I decided to elaborate more on their ecology and answer the burning question surrounding the Fisher Owl; namely where they get those tiny poles. The link shows what was there before and what I added.
- Took my last dose of Lonsurf last night. I have the next two weeks off from it. Huzzah.
- I have my appointment with Dr. Jaiyesimi today to see how things are progressing with my treatment. Hoping for some good results.
- Tomorrow is my in-person chemo (The Lonsurf is technically chemo, but that's more homework than in-person).
- I'm feeling my energy return a bit. Actually got good sleep last night and woke up reasonably early to tackle the day. I feel like I have time today to work on things. Hence the work I did on the Pepper&Carrot RPG this morning.
- Yesterday dad and I worked on the lawn. When we finished I noticed my neighbor had brought out a ladder. Dad and I had just mentioned to each other that we were pretty much done with using ladders to get onto the roof, so this was a bit of serendipity. I volunteered to help spot the ladder (make sure it was steady) as my neighbor worked to remove a branch that was stick on the awning in the back. Luckily everything was done with no incident.
- Health-wise things have been interesting. The Prochlorperazine (nee: Compazine) and Ondansetron (nee: Zofran) have the side effect of making me constipated, which is an interesting change from how I've been lately (namely diarrhea). It's had a weird leveling-off side-effect. Not sure I would recommend it, and I'm sure like most things the price I'll pay later on isn't going to be pleasant, but I'll take the relief where I can get it.
That's all for now. More as I know it.