Checking in for 2023-10-10:
- Today was the last of my Zarxio shots for a while.
- Worked on the Pepper&Carrot RPG some more. This time it's elaborating on an oversized, posh, zombified canary.
- Today I have a dentist appointment and the Michigan!/usr/group meeting, plus the requisite getting ready for both events. It might not seem like much but it takes me a bit to get in the frame of mind for handling things that aren't home-related. I'm practicing with this but sometimes it can feel overwhelming just getting into the car to drive somewhere. Fortunately the MUG meeting is online so there isn't as much to get ready outside of ensuring that surveys and slides are ready but there's still some prep involved.
- I'm happy to report that the Grado GW100X headphones have exceeded my expectations. They are comfortable, have fantastic sound, and can handle a phone call without having the other person wondering if you're stuck in some digital hellhole. My only mild complaint is that the bass isn't quite as punchy as my other Grado headphones (SR60 and SR80e) but considering the sound that is there these things are fantastic. Definitely looking forward to using these to listen to music, podcasts, and the like. I couldn't be happier with them.
- I've realized that I'm definitely one who gets in my own way when it comes to my work. I noticed this morning that the dentist appointment (that isn't until 2pm) was weighing in on my decision to work on my work. How is that even a consideration at 10am? I'm definitely lacking in mindfulness when it comes to these things. That's definitely somewhere to practice more.
That's all for now. More as I know it.