Hi there! My name is Craig Maloney, and I'm a Linux and computer aficionado. I enjoy playing with computers, and have been fortunate to make them not only my hobby, but also part of my work. How cool is that?
Some of my hobbies include programming computers, learning new programming languages, playing the drums, making music, juggling, playing with retro-computers, designing games, and reading.
I actively collect old video game systems and arcade machines (we call them classics around here), and have a strange fascination with places like DigiBarn or Old Computers. I have acquired quite a collection of old computers, primarily machines from the late 1970s to early 1980s.
Here's some other places you might run into me:
- The Mediocre Programmer is a book I wrote to help programmers move from being beginning programmers to more advanced programmers. I hope you'll check it out.
- I design games. (Learn more about my game designs).
- I do stuff and make things.
- I'm the host of the Open Metalcast podcast (on hiatus), which features the finest in Creative Commons licensed metal music.
- I'm the co-host and post-production engineer of Lococast (on hiatus), where Rick Harding and I talk about all things Ubuntu and Python.
- I'm on the board of the Michigan UNIX Users Group. Come on out and join us!
- I'm one of the co-founders of the Royal Oak Coffee House Coders group. We meet once a week to code and socialize.
- I currently maintain the wiki for Pepper&Carrot, and am working on a Pepper & Carrot Fate-Based RPG.
- I'm also on Mastodon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I help maintain Tootstream, which is a command-line client for Mastodon.
- I publish all of my current projects on github, gitlab, and framagit (also check out my projects page. My presentations are there as well)
- I'm an avid practitioner of Getting Things Done.
- I helped out on Bookie and was the co-mentor for the Google Summer of Code for Bookie in 2014.
- Ubuntu Launchpad, where you can see find my Ubuntu-related activities.
Here's some other ways you can interact with me:
- Want to hire me? My Resume has the details of my work life.
- Want to help fund some of my writing and development projects? Here's how you can help me financially: Liberapay or itch.io.
- Want to meet with me? Schedule a meeting (Note: I reserve the right to cancel any meetings).
- Want to contact me? Head to my contact page.