JoDee posted a bit about our drive down to her work last Monday. Needless to say it was quite eventful, and we spent most of the evening trying to figure out how the heck we were going to get home. Fortunately we were able to take another road that was mostly unaffected and with a few detours away from bridges with under-passes that were flooded we had a scary but otherwise uneventful drive home.When we got home our basement had a little flooding but comparatively minor compared with the other stories I'd heard from friends and family.
We were truly blessed during this whole ordeal.
- We didn't have our basement completely flood.
- We didn't have water rush out of the windows of our basement
- We didn't have to be rescued from the roof of our house
- My car didn't stall out while driving through tires-deep water.
- We didn't have to deal with insurance
- We didn't have to pull our car from an impromptu sink-hole
I know a lot of our friends and co-workers went through some serious stuff during this past storm and I want them to know that we'll help in any way we can. We were fortunate this time around, and I'm grateful it wasn't that much worse.