Checking in for 2023-05-10:
- Work on Tootstream continues apace. I'm not sure when this will end but I'm not going to argue with it. It's helping me to keep my programming brain sharp and allowing me to think of new and interesting ways to interact with social media. I'm excited to see where this journey takes me.
- Last night we had our mug.org meeting.. I wasn't terribly excited about the topics going into the meeting but I should know better than to let that color my perceptions. The topics were on Universally Unique Identifiers and Large Language Models. Both of the talks went further than the basics and brought up interesting discussions. I'll have the video up on the site later this week.
- I have an actual doctor's appointment today instead of my usual two-week oncologist appointment. I really wish this could be a televisit, but apparently a "physical" requires you to be physically in the office. Again, I get the same things checked every other week (weight, temperature, blood-pressure, pulse / oxygen, blood-work, etc.). Welcome to modern medicine.
- MESSA is a god-damned delight as far as insurance companies go. Have you ever had someone from your insurance follow-up with you about a billing question? Yesterday I got a call from them doing just that. My mom was a high-school teacher and tells of the time when they took a pay-cut just to stay with MESSA. And, generally speaking, I can get a hold of someone within minutes. Seriously, they're the gold-standard by which every insurance company should aspire to (and by aspire I mean this should be their bare-minimum of customer service.)
- Speaking of customer service, our local Social Security Administration office is also a delight but severely understaffed. There's one woman working the phones for the entire area. Thankfully each time I've called we've had pleasant conversations, but we really need to stop defunding SSA. Give folks the resources to do their jobs and maybe, just maybe, they won't hate doing said jobs.
- Pixel (my emotional support cat) has determined that after 1pm I am to be on the bed. I need to work this into my schedule accordingly.
- Still working with getting out of my own way, being curious, and allowing myself to focus on one thing at a time.
- Really finding my taste for mobile devices waning. This might be a separate blogpost.
That's all for now. More as I know it.