Checking in for 2023-06-20:
CW: Bodily Functions
- Worked more on my storyworld for the Pepper&Carrot Game Jam. It's coming together but still needs more work. I'm still in the introduction part.
- I think I'm going to take a Fedi-Break. Watching folks eat each other over the possibilities of Facebook (nee: Meta) coming on to the Fediverse has really overrun my timeline. Considering I need to take more time to work on my storyworld I consider this a net win.
- My attention wasn't too great yesterday. I found myself on the bed with Pixel, my emotional support cat, clicking away on the internet for several hours. Need to draw my attention to more interesting pursuits.
- I've also been reading Programming Games for the Atari 2600 by Oscar Toledo Gutierrez. I consider this the "worked examples" companion for the otherwise excellent Making Games for the Atari 2600 book. Where "Making Games for the Atari 2600" shows example code for how to do various tasks on the Atari 2600 "Programming Games for the Atari 2600" shows more worked examples of actual games. I think both books work in tandem to help guide the budding Atari 2600 programmer (at least, I hope they do. :) )
- I'm still somewhat traumatized with going out in public for fear that I'm going to shit myself (as a result of the cancer treatments). While driving JoDee to work I felt that nervousness and fear bubble up inside of me. But I also realized that I wasn't in any danger and that shitting myself wasn't a given. That and this was a perfect practice area for exploring my fears ("what's the worst that could happen?") and being OK with the uncertainty of it all. Funnily enough on the drive home I was OK. I didn't have those fears as much. This is definitely going to be an area for me to practice.
- The thing that is weighing most heavily on me right now? Weeding our back yard's beds. There's a few things that have taken hold back there that need to be addressed. Part of the reason they haven't has been my treatments.