Checking in for 2023-06-24:
- I've actually created a script for creating these check-ins. At least, it uses a template and adds the date and what-not to it. If nothing else I tend to automate the things that are boring or mundane as much as I possibly can.
- I ordered some adult underwear to see if I can help with the fears around driving to places and having a "containment breach". It's not something that I'm looking forward do, but we'll see how this plays out. Worst case it's just more life-experience I can add to my arsenal.
- Finding myself really wrapped around the axles of social media as of late. I know exactly why this is (it's a form of comfort) but I also know that I can spend inordinate amounts of time on it without necessarily having much to show for it when I finally realize I need to be doing something else. I did try using timers for a hot minute but for whatever reason I abandoned them. But I also ran into a document that lamented this back in 2015, so, this isn't a new issue. I think using something like tootstream helps with the "get in, get out" mentality that I tend to have with things like email (
muttis fantastic for this), so perhaps I already have my answer). It's something to play with, for sure.
- Finding that I can install
maximaon my phone using Termux brings me great joy. I never promised to be normal.
- Once again I am thinking about de-Googling and what all that entails. Google Voice, Google Keep, and Google Calendar are thr real sticky-wickets because a) residential VOIP services don't 100% map to hoe I use Google Voice, b) Google Calendar 'just works", and any friction to that will mean I stop updating my calendar, and c) Keep is used with JoDee for our grocery list and "itnjist works". I can hear folks warming up their keyboards to tell me to use one of the Next|Own Clouds or some other bespoke service but I find their applications wanting. Maybe.I need to figure something else out.
- Thinking about my next projects. Will need to do a weekly review today.
That's all for now. More as I know it.