Checking in for 2023-06-26:
- I'm here for my PET scan. I'm relaxing in a chair with a pretty nice view compared with the usual place I get my PET scans.
- We tried the adult underwear to see if it fit. Apparently I made the classic mistake of measuring where my waistline is and not where my widest part is. They didn't fit. So I resigned myself to just driving here to the PET scan location and hoping for the best. We put down a towel and a garbage bag in the car. Hopefully I won't need it but worst case it'll have at least somewhere to go.
- I've been rather calm about the whole thing. Honestly, I have no idea when I'll have an attack so I did my level best to prepare and let the chips (shits?) fall where they may. I kept reminding myself that the reward was greater than the risk. Having more answers about my treatment is super important.
- So far I haven't had anything happen. I can hope for the trend to continue, but for now I'm just grateful that I've made it this far.
- This chair has one of those "instant recliner" levers on it that startled me when my legs were flipped up faster than when I donated blood and told the nurse "I feel a bit faint". Wow.
- My intention for this week still remains to work on my MITs first thing in the morning. Last week it didn't go so well. Looking over my posts I feel like that week was pretty challenging for me. There was definitely a lot going on with trying to finish up my storyworld and then realizing it wasn't going to work out. That and the constant changing of plans, the "containment breach", and the resulting depression and uncertainty surrounding if I could ever go back out at all without having something happen. It really took out a lot of wind from my sails.
- I have a meeting with my oncologist tomorrow to see where we stand after this scan. That is, if there are any results to be had after this scan. Will know more. I'm not putting any hopes or despair on this scan. It's a benchmark; nothing more. It's to see what progress has been made, if any, and "play it where it lies" as the golfers like to say.
- My muse is screaming at me to get back into playing with Assembly Language on the Atari machines. Trying to figure out which one, though. My heart says 8bit but I have books that actually go through the 2600 in pretty deep detail. I think I'll shoot for the understanding the 2600 first.
tootstreamfor social media has really helped me maintain focus. Going to keep at it.
That's all for now. More as I know it.