Checking in for 2023-08-07:
- Last week my intention was to work with my negative self-criticism. I didn't do so great with this, in part because I was tired and it kicked into overdrive on several occasions. I did manage to get a few things released but I found myself questioning the validity of what I was releasing and whether it passed muster or not. I still have a lot to work on with my tiredness but I'm going to start focusing more on doing the actual work and allowing myself to just enjoy the process. These are things that I've struggled with for a while now so I'll be keeping at it.
- JoDee is taking piano lessons. She got a list of jazz artists to check out. So I spent part of the day ripping CDs of Dizzy Gillespie and Miles Davis. It's interesting to see how much of certain artists' catalogs are under-represented by the actual albums and are over-represented by public-domain reissues (usually ripped from European vinyl recordings). It makes it a little more difficult for a punter like myself to dive into these catalogs, but never fear; it's a task I do willingly.
- Met with Dr. Raofi, the liver specialist. I was a little on the muscle about going in just to find out that my liver has cancer that is tricky to remove but this was actually a productive meeting. In short there is one tumor that is less than one centimeter from my bile duct. If it keeps being distant then there's really no benefit to trying to remove the tumors, but if it gets closer it could block the bile duct. Blocking anything is generally considered a "bad thing" so at that point they'll need to do some measures to get things back to flowing again. We agreed that waiting on the results of the Lonsurf is wise for now. With luck the Lonsurf will shrink the tumors so more options for getting rid of them are opened, but I'm also convinced that I'll have these tumors for as long as I live. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it will be something that I'll have to deal with. Also I got to catch up with Connie and Lori (the nurses) to say "howdy". Connie is one of the few people to take me up on respecting my communication wishes and letting me know what's going on. I really appreciate that level of respect.
- I'm still struggling a bit with getting things knocked off my lists, but that's going to be a common refrain. I just need to adapt.
- I'm grateful for social media for helping me feel less isolated. Need to balance that with my addictive personality.
- Oh, and I got some amazing feedback for my Decluttering Interactive Storyworld. Really happy about that.
I'm leaving a few things out because I'm a bit scatterbrained at the moment. More as I know it.