Checking in for 2023-08-14:
- Last week my intention was to just do the work and enjoy the process. I found myself not wanting to do the work at all because I was tired. Many days it was all I could do to get out of bed before 10 a.m. This is in part because I tend to stay up late and part because of the chemo drugs. I took this weekend off from trying to do anything and it helped tremendously. I need to keep this in mind for when I really feel drained. I'm also going to work with getting to bed before midnight. Last night I managed this but I could feel myself wanting to keep playing around with things. It's not like I'm doing anything productive either. I'm just puttering around on the internet, looking for comfort.
- I'm also going to work on maintaining focus on a small number of things in order to give myself less things to worry about. That doesn't mean that these are the only things that I'll be focusing on, but at least these things will get the attention they need.
- I'm also noticing that I'm letting a lot of things just sit in "cruise control". I'm just hoping that they'll continue on doing what they do without actively maintaining them. Things like cleaning, decluttering, and overall daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance. I'm working with being more active in these areas. I think that'll also help keep me from feeling overwhelmed. It's a form of procrastination that doesn't immediately have negative results.
- I picked up my read-through of the Assembly Language Programming for Atari Computers. Still plugging away with this.
- Also working on trying to read more and working on getting excited again about role playing games. I lost a lot of that enthusiasm over the past few weeks because of the tiredness. Working on getting it back and getting myself into the headspace of wanting to play with these again.
- This has also manifested itself in me not wanting to do playtesting on my current designs. Focusing on those to see if I can get those underway.
More as I know it.