Checking in for 2023-08-23:
(CW: Contains mention of bodily functions)
- Had a round of chemo this morning. Fretted a bit about having an accidental containment breach but fortunately it didn't happen. Last night before I went to bed I had some massive diarrhea though. I usually try to get everything out before I head out but this morning it was being stubborn. Am doing OK overall, though.
- I've taken to bringing the laptop in to the bathroom with me. Figure if I'm going to be stuck for 10-20 minutes that I might as well get something other than reading done. I won't tell you how many of these blog posts have been composed while waiting for things to sort themselves out.
- Apparently our library will do delivery for folks that are homebound. Not sure I'm 100% homebound right now but something to be aware of in case things get weird later on.
- The doctors, nurses, nurse practitioners, medical assistants, and staff at Cancer Care Associates are so fantastic. We got into a conversation about work and I'm convinced that all of the folks there would still be there even if they won the lottery. It makes what could be an uncomfortable situation into something that is caring and joyful. I'm so blessed to have them as part of my team.
- Expect a blog post about how I think email is the ultimate instant messaging tool, bar none, in the near future. Been percolating that in my head for a bit.
- I'm actually feeling pretty energized today, which is pretty weird. I know that may not be the case after starting my rounds of Lonsurf but I'll adapt to what I can handle. Not every day is going to be a productivity banger and that's OK.
- It's surprisingly quiet and calm here after a substantial amount of rain.
That's all for now. More as I know it.