Checking in for 2023-10-08:
- Managed to work on the Pepper&Carrot RPG this morning. Still fleshing out some of the creatures. This time it was the Savant-Ants, which are uplifted genius ants that happened to be outside of Pepper's house when she tossed her (presumed failed) potion of genius. You can follow along here.
- Still have a bit of a headache this morning but I'm thinking it's because the heat is on and I'm not quite used to that yet. My sinuses are definitely dry. Sitting here with a glass of water and my morning coffee hoping that the ibuprofen catches up with this.
- I have a dentist appointment that I've been putting off for a while this week. It's going to take some doing on my part to make it happen but hoping it can be uneventful. They also know that I have cancer so hoping if I say "I need to go" they can accommodate my needs without too much fuss. I can't be the only person there that has medical needs. It's also later in the day so if something needs to change we can work things out.
- Looking forward to Marcel Gagne speaking about Artificial Intelligence this week at the Michigan!/usr/group. Should be a fun time. Links are at mug.org for the Zoom and Youtube streaming and meeting links with calendar information (in EDT) is available here. Hope to see you there as Marcel is not only a great speaker but a good friend and gracious guest.
- (Insert appropriate accents above. I'd do it myself but there's a small bug in my blog setup that breaks things if I stray too far from the ASCII character set. Yes, this is my fault, and yes, I should fix it. Drive-by tech support not required at this time. I'll make a separate post when help is needed. Thank you for your patience.)
- I've been surprised and pleased at the reception of the cancer buddy document. My hope is that it not only becomes a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for Cancer Care Associates but also gets distributed to other places so folks have a better time. I'm also hoping that this spurs others to add their own experiences to it and becomes a network of folks helping others to get through their cancer journey with as little fear as possible. Granted, that's not exactly stated in the text but I'm hoping that little germ of an idea spreads. That's partly why I made it public domain: I want the idea to spread far and wide.
- I have ordered my first set of wireless headphones. I'm still on team wired for sound quality but I'm curious how these will work. I picked up the Grado GW100X headphones in the hopes that they'll not only have fantastic sound (which all of my Grado Headphones have) but also have a decent microphone so I can pair it with my phone and handle phone conversations. I currently have (and love) the Koss Portapro Mic/Remote wired headphones but there have been more than one time that I've almost garroted myself with the cord. It's an experiment, and one that if it doesn't work out then I'll return them and return to the land of wired headphones. Here's to new experiences.
- I have opinions on the Sale of Bandcamp and am going to put that in a separate blog post.
- I need to make time to get the latest vaccination shots.
That's all for now. More as I know it.