Checking in for 2023-10-09:
- Last week my intention was to get back into the swing of things and work on my most important tasks. Unfortunately I let tiredness win and succumbed to a bunch of distractions. I'm not beating myself up for this, though, as I know that tiredness gets me to feel less like I can accomplish things. I'm recognizing this. The strange piece is that usually the Bevacizumab (nee: Avastin, Mvasi, Zirabev) doesn't wipe me out as much. It could be related to my blood not having enough red blood cells to carry enough oxygen. I will say that since I had the Epoetin alfa (nee: Procrit) shot I've felt a little more energetic and focused. Regardless, I'm hoping to keep myself on track and give myself permission to be more focused and not as distracted. I'm also going to work on my most important tasks in the morning and get them at least moving, even if that's for a couple of minutes.
- The headache that I had the past few days has subsided. I'm grateful for that. Trying to power through a headache is no fun at all.
- I remain convinced that mobile devices are detrimental to computing. I think I need to codify this with a blog post at some point.
- I might also blog about how I handle email. I think what I do isn't that radical but after some conversations with folks it might be warranted to show how I keep my focus and vigilance around email.
- I continue to make progress on the Pepper&Carrot RPG. Today was the Dragon-Drake, a half-duck, half dragon that shows up briefly in Episode 6 of the comic.
That's all for now. More as I know it.