Checking in for 2023-10-18:
- Had my chemo today with the Bevacizumab (nee: Avastin, Mvasi, Zirabev). Tomorrow I start the Lonsurf.
- I got some heartwarming feedback about my Cancer Buddy packet from one of the nurses at Cancer Care Associates (Hi, Kim!) I'm so grateful that it's helping folks and I hope that others take up the charge and give their own experiences to other cancer patients who are experiencing chemo for the first time. I think that might help lessen the fear surrounding the whole chemo process.
- I spent this morning during and after chemo writing up the "So, you want to make a Bandcamp..." article. I hope this gets folks thinking in the right direction. I'm excited for the future of this space and I'm encouraged by the feedback I've received. Plus it got mentioned on jwz's so I'll be smiling for the rest of the week.
- Tomorrow is going to be a busy day so I'm hoping to get back to working on Pepper&Carrot tomorrow at some point. I'm already feeling some of the tiredness settling in from the chemo.
- I am also taking Losartan for high blood pressure. It's been elevated the past few times I've been to the doctors. I picked up an iHealth Track blood pressure monitor so I can keep track of what my blood pressure is automatically (otherwise I'm not going to keep track of this stuff). Sure, it's cloud-based health management but it's only keeping track of my pulse and my blood pressure. Nothing big. If anyone wants that information please ask and I'll happily share it.
- My Carcinoembryonic antigen number is slightly elevated since last time (211.5 vs. 204.7). Hoping this number goes down though I'm grateful that it's relatively steady from last time (though not as low as my all-time low of 72.7 back in April).
More as I know it.