Checking in for 2023-12-06:
- My PET scan was canceled for tomorrow (You can read more about that here). Suffice to say that kinda blew my day apart as I had to make phone calls on what was going on and put myself into an administrative mindset. When I went on disability I joked that cancer was my full-time job now. Some days I can set it aside but on days like today it takes front-and-center.
- I also set in motion a few other administrative things which are going to require actually going to a physical bank in order to manifest them. Considering that our current bank has done a bang-up job of removing physical locations this is going to prove challenging.
- I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed at the moment trying to figure out when things will happen. I need to keep reminding myself to live in the present and not worry so much about what could happen. Tonight at Coffee House Coders we had some new folks show up. I both love and dread having new folks show up. Love because I get to meet new folks and learn about their experiences but also dread because it takes a lot of work to get to there. I tend toward introversion and shyness so it takes a lot out of me to coax myself out of my shell in order to coax others out of their shell. Fortunately it was a positive experience and I hope that folks become regulars at our meetings.
- I also need to recognize that when I put in an inordinate amount of effort into something that my brain will not want to touch it for a while. The Record Shop game is "finished " in my mind, even though there's still more work to be done. Same with the Pepper&Carrot RPG. This is when I usually start swapping out other projects. I'm going to try to stick with this a bit, though I think the Record Shop project is pretty much done. I just need to create a proper cover for it and call it done for now.
- I'm also feeling the pull of wanting to play something that is entertainment-focused. Between being tired, working on errand-type stuff, and working on projects I'm feeling rather passive in the entertainment department. I might try to squeeze in some solo RPGing or something to take that edge off.
More as I know it.