Checking in for 2023-11-05:
- Did more work on the Pepper&Carrot RPG. This time it was adding locations from the wiki and wordsmithing them for the game.
- Yesterday I was really tired. Pixel woke up and puked so that put a damper on the morning. I never really recovered until later on in the day. I just felt foul and in a bad mood. I was down on myself and felt like I wasn't contributing much to anything anymore because of my illness. I'm feeling better today though. Just a reminder that feelings are temporary.
- Managed to clean several appliances yesterday including the Keurig and the coffee pot (yes, we have both) as well as the dishwasher and washing machine. Nothing fancy, but I like to keep things working as best they can and sometimes they get a bit funky.
- Tiredness is definitely the thing that I'm dealing with the most. I waver between the amount of energy I have throughout the day. It takes a few tricks for me to want to work on things. The first trick is to just have things that I can plug away at until I realize that I have enough energy to keep going. These can be little tasks in my next actions lists (clean out my inbox, declutter, etc.). When the feelings of tiredness disappear then I can work on the more difficult things. Some days I have enough energy where I don't need to do this but it's a nice reminder that I can build up to it. Another trick is to just take the nap and see if I am indeed tired or just bored and uninspired. If I'm tired then I'll fall asleep. If I'm bored or uninspired then I'll bring out my phone and start futzing with it. That futzing is my cue that I'm in a funk and need to find things like music and what-not to energize me. Sometimes just the realization is enough to snap me out of it.
- I'm still procrastinating on some playtests that I want to work on. I've been giving in to the "energy depleted" feeling around these instead of feeling lit up that I can release these into the wild. I think part of it too is that I thought that I had actually released these on itch.io, but apparently I haven't. Whoops. (Scribbles note to release this on itch.io).
That's all for now. More as I know it.